Monday, August 12, 2013

20 Years? Really?! Are you sure?

I can't believe it has been 20 years since I graduated from high school.  I certainly don't feel like have a significantly better handle on life.  There are days that I am sure someone is going to realize that I have just been faking everyone out and that I am not really an adult.  There are also days that I wish I could voluntarily turn in my grown up card and go back to building blanket forts and reading books all summer long.  It was a fun weekend, flew in late on Thursday night,  my niece Megan and her husband were kind enough to pick me up from the airport.  Everything went smoothly except for the fact that while I did not change planes in Vegas evidently the car seat did.  It decided it needed a trip to Phoenix,  but Southwest is prepared for things like that and had a loaner car seat we used to get Caleb safely to my parents house.  Half the fun of the trip was getting to see family.  Megan hosted a dinner at her house and the next morning everyone who could met up at IHOP for breakfast.  Caleb really enjoyed his blueberry pancake and I think he actually ate most of it.

 Later that afternoon some of us from our graduating class met at a local park for lunch and a little family time.  As usual Caleb was busy charming anyone who would hold still long enough to get smiled at.  Greg Groves father of 2 beautiful girls was having fun playing with a little boy, and Caleb loved the attention.  Greg's girls also had fun playing fetch with Caleb, he would drop things and they would retrieve them. He had them well trained.



 I didn't pull my camera out as often as I probably should have but I was having so much fun chatting with people that I would forget until I got home that I hadn't really taken many pictures. Oh well.

 Liz made a beautiful cake for the dinner on Saturday night, the best part is that it tasted good as well.
Great group of friends that it was fun to get to see again.  Sometimes I wish I lived closer to home, until I go home during August and realize I like the cooler temperatures in Northern Utah.  It was a fun weekend and I am so glad that I was able to go home.  Glad that Christi was able to come to visit as well.  It is really true of good friends, you can spend years apart and pick up like it was yesterday.

No comments: