Sunday, June 14, 2009

Little Miracles Everywhere

Our neighbors have beautiful rose bushes around their porch and along the fence. The side yard entrance to our apartment walks right past the fence line. Some of the roses have pushed through the fence so these are the little bits of beauty I get to see everyday.

It has been fun to watch the rose work it's way through the fence, bud and blossom. I love how there is beauty in the most mundane places. I think sometimes it is put there just to brighten our day.


It has been about 3 weeks and my garden is still alive in fact everything I planted has actually sprouted. I had to actually weed the other day, It has been nice for the past couple of weeks because it has been raining a lot so I haven't had to worry about my garden drying out. Behond the garden beauty.


Behold the plethora of radishes I will have to eat as the summer progresses. I probably need to thin them out but they just look so healthy I can't bear to get rid of any of them yet.
If everything goes will I should have fresh red potatoes to eat in September, I am hopeful that my first attempt at gardening will actually result in something edible. Here's to the potential for fresh vegetables.




No comments: