Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

This past conference weekend I decided to make the trip south and spend some time with Rodney, Marja, and Alex. Along the way I also got to see a former roommate Katie Anderson and her cute family, and have dinner with Erica and her family. I made the trip alone because Brad is currently working the graveyard shift, and a second job so he spent the whole weekend working or sleeping. I figured he probably wouldn't miss me, so I decided to take advantage of my sister-in-laws great cooking.

On Saturday morning we spent the time putting together some quilts to use of some fabric that Marja cleaned out of her linen closet. I have decided that she has the best method for making quilts. She turns the fabric so it is essentially inside out, pins the batting to one side and then sews the whole thing together. This works great because then when it is turned right side out the edge of the quilt is already done. Here is my brother Rod and his beautiful wife Marja getting the first quilt ready to go.

Here is my brother showing of his domestic, pioneer quilt tying skills. Of course this is before I managed to completely smoke him with my quilt tying skills.

While the boys were at the Priesthood Session of conference Marja and I decided to go out to dinner and do a little bit of shopping. I was even brave enough to try sushi, to my surprise I actually liked the types that we had. One was a sunset roll and the other was a diva roll. Quite yummy.

This is the beautiful sunset we saw as we were driving home.
Saturday evening I managed to display an absolutely amazing amount of gracefulness at my brothers house. I was asked to take a pan of enchiladas down to basement refrigerator, well I thought I didn't need to turn the light switch on, I know the general lay out of the room, and was confident in my ability to get where I wanted to go. Well as they say in the scriptures it is better to choose to be humble then to be forced to be humble.
What I didn't see in the dark was that a drawer of the media cabinet I had to walk by was standing open. With one hand full of an enchilada pan and the other hand full of a cell phone, I didn't really have much to break my fall when my knee made contact with the drawer. So the previous pictures are of the damage I managed to inflict on the cabinet. The next picture is the damage I managed to inflict on myself. On Sunday my brother's family followed their conference tradition of going to the William's house for brunch. Accompanying us was a ton of delicious food. This is just a small example of the bounty we took with us.
On my way back to Logan I stopped off at Erica's house for dinner. It was fun learning how to make toothpick dolls, getting to see Erica's gorgeous dress for the big dance, and being treated with a scoop of chocolate ice cream because I ate my dinner.

1 comment:

~Whitney~ said...

two things. never knew you had an innie. cool. for future reference, please don't EVER take a picture of me in my nightgown. i'm just sayin.

hehe. sorry you got hurt, but looks like you had a good time in general.

-w